St. Patrick’s Day!
For St. Patrick’s Day I had to give you a green recipe and it had to be healthy. Here is one that is really easy and you probably already have the ingredients, so there is no need to go to the store.
I have been eating my green beans like a good girl. The vet said I need to lose some weight and he suggested I add green beans to my food. Well, I can only eat so many unsalted green beans. I mean, have you ever tasted them? Yuck! So Shelley set out to find a yummy version of green beans and she can even eat them too. (Secretly, I think she is salting hers.) These beans are crunchy and are an excellent source of vitamins, A, C, and E, as well as fiber, potassium, and magnesium. And all those are good for humans and dogs.
Green Bean Crunchies
- 16 ounces frozen, unsalted, cut green beans (about 5 cups), thawed and any excess water drained or you can use canned
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
2. Add green beans and oil to a mixing bowl and toss to coat beans.
3. Evenly spread green beans on a large, parchment-lined or non-stick, baking sheet.
4. Dry beans in the oven for 8 hours or until all beans are crunchy.
5. Turn off the oven and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
You can also make these in an air fryer or a dehydrator. Dry at 170 degrees for 8 hours or until crunchy.
Recipe idea from SkinnyMs.com
And don’t forget to join my pack if you haven’t. You don’t want to miss any yummy recipes or useful information that will help you keep your dog happy and healthy.
Hi, I’m Trixie! I love treats, sleeping, chewing up my toys and I especially like chasing small critters that enter my yard. (Don’t worry, my mom makes sure that I don’t catch any of them.) I was rescued when someone dumped me at the driveway, pregnant with 10 little puppies. Though my mom had dogs as a kid, she realized there was a lot she didn’t know.
We decided to create this website to help you with issues that you may not be aware of and to share information about the best foods, toys, treats, and places to explore with your fur friend. You’ll learn all about raising your dog to be happy and healthy and we will have some fun along the way!
If you want to find out how my mom makes money from home so she can spend more time with me, just click here.